[KS] _Korean Studies Review_ administrivia

Stephen Epstein Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Jul 22 00:07:50 EDT 2003

Dear list members,

I have now returned from my sabbatical and will be getting _Korean Studies Review_ up and running again in the very near future, beginning with a series of reviews from Volume 6.1 of our print partner _Acta Koreana_.  During the last several months a number of books have become available, and the volumes below currently await reviewers.  Those who are interested in reviewing a book should write me directly at <stephen.epstein at vuw.ac.nz>, but please do not volunteer unless you expect to be able to complete your review in a timely fashion.

As always, if others have books to put up for review, please contact me as well.  For more information about KSR and to access past reviews, see http://koreaweb.ws/ks/ksr/.

Best, Stephen

Chris Springer, _Pyongyang: The Hidden History of the North Korean Capital_
(Entente Bt.)

Han Sung-won, _Father and Son_, tr. by Yu Young-nan & Julie Pickering (Homa
& Sekey Books)

Lee Muyoung, _Farmers_, tr. by Yu Young-nan (Homa & Sekey Books)

Yi In-Hwa, _Everlasting Empire_, tr. by Yu Young-nan (EastBridge)

Michael J. Seth, _Education Fever: Society, Politics, and the Pursuit of
  Schooling in South Korea_ (Hawaii)

Choon-Hak Cho, Yeon-Ja Sohn and Heisoon Yang, _Korean Reader for Chinese
  Characters_ (Hawaii)

Louis Baldovi, ed. _A Foxhole View: Personal Accounts of Hawaii's Korean War
  Veterans_ (Hawaii)

Michael Finch, _Min Yong-hwan: A Political Biography_ (Hawaii)

Marion Eggert and Soon Mi Hong-Schunka, trs. _Die Geschichte von Hong Kiltong: Ein Raueberroman aus dem alten Korea_, (Iudicium Verlag)

James Lewis and Amadu Sesay, edd. _Korea and Globalization: Politics, Economics and Culture_ (RoutledgeCurzon)

Donald N. Clark, _Living Dangerously in Korea: The Western Experience, 1900-1950 (EastBridge)

David I. Steinberg, _Stone Mirror: Reflections on Contemporary Korea_ (EastBridge)

Hwang Suk-Young, Yoon Hueng-Gil, Cho Se-Hui, Choi In-Hoon, _The Voice of the Governor-General and Other Stories of Modern Korea_, tr. Chun Kyung-Ja (EastBridge)

Valerie Gelezeau, _Seoul, ville geante, cites radieuses_ (CNRS Editions 2003)