[KS] Korean Queer Studies Forum gathering at AAS - Fri., Feb. 5 at 5:30PM

Todd Henry htodd98 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 16:04:25 EST 2004

Could you please forward the following message?  Thanks.

Todd A. Henry
PhD Candidate in History, UCLA
For those of you planning to attend the Association for Asian Studies’ (AAS)
annual meeting in San Diego from March 4th to the 7th, I would like to
invite those interested individuals to attend an informal gathering of the
recently established Korean Queer Studies Forum (KQSF).  This forum was
established late last year in response to the perceived absence of a
critical intellectual discussion on issues of importance to the queer
communities of South Korea, in spite of their relevance to the contemporary
situation both in and outside of the peninsula.

The gathering at this year’s AAS will, I hope, allow individuals working on
and/or interested in issues related to the development of “Korean queer
studies” the opportunity to meet and share ideas, as well as to plan future
activities, such as presentations, conferences, publications, etc.

We will meet at 5:30PM on Friday, March 5th, at the AAS registration booth.
To find us, please look for the forum’s sign, which will read KQSF.

I hope to meet many of you in San Diego.

Best,

Todd Henry
PhD Candidate in History, UCLA
Forum Co-founder/organizer