[KS] Editing romanised Korean into 'readable' English

kevin kevin at macosx.com
Thu Jan 15 09:36:14 EST 2004

i agree 100000000%!!!!!!! Romanizations may be a necessary evil, but
one we cling to excessively. It only takes an afternoon to learn to
read Korean so i have never understood the resistance to this practice.
It is truly one of the things i HATE most about studying English texts
on Korea is the agony i have to go through to reverse the romanizations
so that i can look up the terms in Korean texts. I pray every day that
Koreanists come to their sense and start including some Korean, not in
annoying glossaries, bit right there in the text just as you have
indicated. It is time academics stopped crapping on the readers heads.
Excessive footnotes have to go to (if it is that important, put it in
the body of the text), but that is a rant for another day.

Rupert Atkinson for President!!!!!! Common sense will reign again!

-kevin parks--
the university of virginia