[KS] Introductory reading on Confucianism

Bert Edens bert at apprenticeis.com
Mon Jan 19 11:59:37 EST 2004

At 12:00 1/16/04 -0500, you wrote:
>    I'm not sure what level your undergrads are but
>Michael Kalton's book, "To Become a Sage", is
>excellent.  It provides a good introduction to Korean
>Neo-Confucianism. It also lays out the broader context
>and has a glossary listing key concepts.  In addition,
>it fits a student's budget.  It's provided for free
>at:  http://faculty.washington.edu/mkalton/
>All the best, mike ralston.

This brings up another question, somewhat related to the introductory
reading question. Does anyone know if the works of T'oegye ("Ten Diagrams",
as above, plus others), Yulgok, etc. have been translated to English? In
that same vein, but to the Buddhist lean, whatever happened to the project
translating the complete works of Wonhyo?

Thanks in advance,
Bert Edens