[KS] GRADUATE STUDENTS' CONFERENCE, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum

Joerg Plassen joerg.plassen at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 16 12:06:43 EDT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

attached please find the program of the upcoming graduate students' conference
at Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, which has been made possible by the generous
support of Korea Foundation:

Date: 25.06.2004 - 27.06.2004
Place: Internationaler Pavillion EuroEck, Spechtsweg 20,
Bochum, Germany

A  more nicely formatted pdf file can be found
at  http://www.rub.de/skk/Skkaktuelles.html.

With the best regards,
Joerg Plassen

Program:

Wednesday, June 23

14.00
Marion Eggert: welcome address

14.15-16.15
Andreas Müller-Lee (Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum)
<'Sleeping Dragons', 'Red Cliffs' and the 'God  of War' in Korea: On the
Reception of the Chinese Novel 'Three Kingdoms'>

Ane Torseter Husstad (University of Oslo)
<Kim Sis^up; female personages and images of women in his fictional work>

16.30-18.30
Seunghun Julio Lee (Rutgers University, New Brunswick)
<Non-uniform reduplication in Korean>

Kerstin Stiller (FU Berlin)
<Minjung misul (Peoples' Art). From Political Illustration to Artistic
Philosophy, 1980 – 2000>

Thursday, June 24

10.00-12.00
Anja Bardey (Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum)
<Ritual and Religion in Chos^on Law>

Jung-Shim Lee (Leiden University)
<The Infinite Absolute Self; The religious belief  of Han Yongun in 1930s’
colonial Korea>

14.00-16.00
Owen Miller (SOAS, London)
<The My^onjuj^on: a silk merchants' guild in late  Chos^on Korea.>

Myoung In Yu (Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum)
<From the dusty street stall into the scholars 	 study: a brief history of the
reception of the novel Kuunmong in the early 20th century.>

Accomodations & Travel:
Unfortunately, we will not be able to reimburse participants` expenses
except those of invited speakers. However, we will try to provide
some assistance in finding accommodations etc.

Contact/Further Information: karola.nossier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de