[KS]

Joerg Plassen joerg.plassen at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 16 12:06:18 EDT 2004

WORKSHOP "Textual Borrowings in Korean Religious Texts',
	Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum

Dear Colleagues,

With the generous support of Korea Foundation, the Korean Studies
Institute at Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum will be hosting a workshop on:

"Textual borrowings in Korean religious and philosophical texts"

Date: 25.06.2004 - 27.06.2004
Place: Internationaler Pavillion EuroEck, Spechtsweg 20,
Bochum, Germany

Below please find the conference program. A more nicely formatted pdf version
can be found at  http://www.rub.de/skk/Skkaktuelles.html.

With best regards,
Joerg Plassen

Program:

Friday, June 25

15.00
Marion Eggert & Joerg Plassen (RUB, Bochum):  welcome address, opening remarks

15.30-17.30
Daniel Bouchez (CNRS, Paris)
<On the allusive function of quotations>

Michael Friedrich (University of Hamburg)
<Intertextuality more sinico? Examples from the Ju tradition>

18.00-19.00
Robert Buswell (UCLA, Los Angeles)
<The Commentarial Genre in Korean Buddhist Literature>

Saturday, June 26

10.00 - 12.00
Joerg Plassen (RUB, Bochum)
<Textual borrowings and textual criticsm of Silla Dynasty Buddhist texts>

Choe Yeonshik (Geumgang University, Nonsan)
<Rediscovering forgotten literature: The identification of Gishinron
Ilsim-imun dae-ui 	as a Silla work>

14.00 – 16.00
Yannick Bruneton (Centre de recherches sur la Corée, 	CNRS/EHESS/Université
Paris 7)
<Textual borrowings in the eminent monks biographies>

Henrik Sørensen (The Seminar for Buddhist Studies, Copenhagen)
<Citations and Quotational Strategies in Son 	  Buddhist Writings from the
Kory^oŏ  and Chos^on Periods>

16.30-17.30
Jörg Quenzer (Universität Köln, Cologne)
<Drawing from the continental con-text: 	  My^oōe's 'Ny^ugedatsu mongi' and
the reception of Chinese and Korean Buddhism in early medieval Japan>

Sunday, June 27

9.00-11.00
Antonetta Bruno (Università degli Studi di Roma - La Sapienza, Rome)
<Inter-textualization of religious and literary languages>

Marion Eggert (Bochum, Germany)
<Quotes from religious and philosophical writings in Y^oŏrha ilgi>

11.15-13.00
Concluding discussion

Accomodations & Travel:
Unfortunately, we will not be able to reimburse participants` expenses
except those of invited speakers. However, we will try to provide
assistance in finding accommodations etc.

Participation:
As the number of participants is limited, we kindly ask interested
colleagues to register by email.

Contact/Further Information: joerg.plassen at ruhr-uni-bochum.de