[KS] Korea Journal Open to Suggested Topics

Korea Journal kj at unesco.or.kr
Tue Mar 2 04:31:57 EST 2004

Dear list members,

First of all, thank you for your interest in the Korea Journal.
     Starting with the winter 2004 issue, the Korea Journal would like to open itself to advice from our community of scholars regarding any particular topic that will appear in future issues of the Journal.
     As you know, each issue of the Korea Journal consists of two special topics (Each topic has three to four articles within it) and other articles. The selection of special topics--through which the Korea Journal introduces a cutting-edge scholarship and provides momentum for further research--has ordinarily been made after discussions and peer-review at the Korea Journal Editorial Board meeting.
     Thus, if you have ideas on the topics or important issues that you believe to be fresh and interesting in the realm of Korean Studies, please put forward your opinion along with brief comments about the background or objective of that study. Ideas and suggestions delivered to us will be considered by our editorial board members for acceptance as a topic. Moreover, recommendations for related articles are welcome, as long as they have not previously published, and we look forward to fresh ideas and proposals in the future.
     This is designed as a part of an effort to listen to the voices of our readers, including numerous experts in Korean Studies, and ultimately realize our desire to make a truly “reader-oriented publication.” Listed below are major topics to be addressed in the Korea Journal 2004 issues:

Spring 2004
- Inequality in Korea
- Korean Perception of the United States
Summer 2004
- The Faces of Koreans
- Discourse on Environment and Environmental Movement in Korea
Autumn 2004
- Hybrid Urbanity: Spatial Embodiment and Place Politics

Thank you for your attention. For further information, please contact:

KOREA JOURNAL
Tel: 82-2-755-6225
Fax: 82-2-755-7478
E-mail: kj at unesco.or.kr