[KS] Koreanstudies Digest, Vol 26, Issue 5

Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter felice at casco.net
Tue Aug 16 13:15:35 EDT 2005

As a first person account I enjoyed the depth of experience related in "The
Three Day Promise, A Korean Soldier's Memoir" By Donald K. Chung, M.D.
Father and Son publishing, Tallahassee FL, 1989, ISBN 0-942407-06-7

It is an apolitical autobiography of the journey of one Korean from the end
of WW2, North Korea, the Korean war, South Korea and on the the U.S.
It has many small details of daily life in postwar (post WW2) North Korea,
and Korean War Era North and South Korea, as well as details of his visit
back to North Korea in the 80's

Not a scholarly work, but I hope it will be useful to you.
Nick

felice at casco.net is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. Check out our
homepage www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:05:18 +0200
> From: "Cwiertka, K.J." <K.J.Cwiertka at let.leidenuniv.nl>
> Subject: [KS] Pacific War and Korean War
> To: "Korean Studies Discussion List" <Koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws>
<41F1521454BEF247B9C037A02FC3DC1BE5A804 at WSDPD-XC01.wsdpd.wsdad.leidenuniv.nl