[KS] Pacific War and Korean War

Stefan Ewing sa_ewing at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:11:17 EDT 2005

Dear KS list members:

If you will indulge me, I would like to thank Sun Joo Kim very, very much
for the link to the Peabody Museum site.  Those photos are utterly
fantastic!

Seeing images of Korea from any era prior to the present one is always
rewarding, since the country has changed so completely beyond recognition in
so many ways--even down to the absence of trees on the mountains in the
background of some of the photos.

That said, for all the changes in clothing and hair fashions, in
architecture and transportation, and in so many other visible ways, there is
one picture in the collection of three women selling vegetables on the
sidewalk, which looks like it could have been taken yesterday!

Yours sincerely,
Stefan Ewing

>From: "Sunjoo Kim" <sunjookim1 at hotmail.com>
>To: Koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws
>Subject: Re: [KS] Pacific War and Korean War
>Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:19:12 -0700
>
>Dear List members,
>Mr. Roger Marshutz recently donated his photographs - more than 1,000 -
>that he took in Pusan and its vicinity from about 1953 to the Peabody
>museum at Harvard. The museum is planning to have a special exhibition
>around February, 2006. Most of images are available on-line. I hope the
>following link works. If not, go to Peabody museum homepage, and search by
>"Korea."
>
>http://www.peabody.harvard.edu/col/shortDisplay.cfm?StartRow=50
>
>Sun Joo Kim

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
first two months FREE*.