[KS] Korean Ghost Stories

K-Flexx manyongdae at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 01:46:18 EDT 2005

I am sure I am late with the ghost stories theme, but
I recall reading in a Jan Harold Brunvand collection
of Urban Legends about a Korean version of the
well-known disappearing hitchhiker urban legend. In
this story, it was during world war two, a Japanese
taxi driver picked up a young girl passenger. When he
arrived at his destination the girl was gone. When he
knocked at the door of the house he was told the girl
had died X years ago on the same day (or perhaps it
was her birthday - anyway, you get the drift.)

Oh look, a quick google has just turned up a useful
link for you:
http://bernd.wechner.info/Hitchhiking/vanish.html
just use CTRL-F to "find" the word Korea in the text.