[KS] AKSE 2005

kokim at snu.ac.kr kokim at snu.ac.kr
Tue Feb 22 10:42:54 EST 2005

Dr. Prendagast,

Now I come to know that you have received your doctorate degree and got that
wonderful job at Sheffield! Congratulations!

As to the AKSE Conference, I was rather disappointed as my belated submission
of application was rejected.

As you might know, I was very busy as the director of the Institute of Social
Sciences of Seoul National University.  So, I sent my application only
three days after the dead line.  Professor Grayson, the secretary,
sent a short but stern (like teacher-to-pupil) note to say that he
rejected my application because it was late.

As the president of the Korean Society for Cultural Anthropology as well as
the founding member of the AKSE, I expected to re-establish a network
of anthropologists between Korea and Europe. So, I regret that sort of
unexpected outcome although I am responsible for it.

I believe you have organized the conference successfully.

I look forward to hearing from you about your work and plan, and also hope
that we meet in near future.

All the best,

Kwang-ok Kim