[KS] Newish teaching resource on Korean studies, and Northeast Asia more widely

Afostercarter at aol.com Afostercarter at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 18:19:52 EST 2005

I've just stumbled upon a newish online bibliographical resource
from the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS)
which may be useful to Listmembers, especially those teaching.

It can be found at http://neas.miis.edu/index.html
The specifically Korean materials are at:
http://neas.miis.edu/resources-korea-north-south.html

MIIS' description of what they are about is copied below.

(Apologies if someone already posted re this, and I missed it.)

Aidan FC

AIDAN FOSTER-CARTER
Honorary Senior Research Fellow in Sociology & Modern Korea, Leeds University

Home address: 17 Birklands Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 3BY, UK
tel: +44(0)  1274  588586         (alt) +44(0) 1264 737434          mobile:
+44(0)  7970  741307
fax: +44(0)  1274  773663         ISDN:   +44(0)   1274 589280
Email: afostercarter at aol.com     (alt) afostercarter at yahoo.com      website:
www.aidanfc.net

  Welcome to the Northeast Asian Studies (NEAS) Curriculum Clearinghouse
Initiative

NEAS is a project of the Center for East Asian Studies (CEAS), Monterey
Institute of International Studies. We are delighted to share the web site -- the
centerpiece of this project -- with colleagues and students interested in the
promotion of education and curriculum development focused on Northeast Asia.
The site will post curriculum materials from educational institutions around the
U.S. and abroad, including course lists, course syllabi, reading assignments,
bibliographies, model research papers, links to useful curriculum resources
and websites, announcements about scholarships, internships, and study
opportunities.

We welcome your course and curriculum materials, information on other useful
materials and sites, and your suggestions for improving this service. This
project is supported by a generous grant from the Freeman Foundation of New York,
for which we are very grateful.

DOCUMENTS
Syllabi
Course Lists
Reading assignments
Bibliographies
Model research papers
Publications

LINKS
Academic programs
Individual Faculty, Educators, Researchers, Writers
Research institutes

EVENTS
Conferences, Seminars, & Public Lectures

LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Scholarships
Internships
Study opportunities