[KS] KGRW mtg., Jan. 21, 5-7PM

Todd Henry htodd98 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 21:29:50 EST 2005

Could you please post the following message?  Thanks.

Todd Henry
---------------
Please excuse the cross-post.  I thought Koreanists in the Kansai region of
Japan might be interested in the following:

I am happy to announce the next meeting of the Kyoto Graduate Research
Workshop (KGRW), a group of graduate students in the Kansai region doing
dissertation research on Japan, primarily in the humanities and social
sciences. The meeting will take place on Friday, January 21st from 5 to 7PM
at the Kyoto Stanford Center (For a map with directions, see
http://www.stanford.jc.or.jp/about/contact.html).  I will present
"Assimilation from a Distance: The Early Colonial History of Keijo (Seoul)
Shrine and its Annual Grand Festival (taisai), 1910-25."  I hope to see many
of you there.

Best,

Todd Henry
Workshop co-founder/organizer

UCLA Dept. of History
Kyoto University Institute for Research in Humanities