[KS] gender in 20C korea

Charles Armstrong cra10 at columbia.edu
Tue Jan 18 11:45:51 EST 2005

Ji-Yeon,

There are three English-language scholarly articles on women in North
Korea that I am aware of: Jon Halliday, "Women in North Korea," Bulletin
of Concerned Asian Scholar 17, no. 3 (1985);  Choi Hyang Son, "Women's
Status in the DPRK," East Asia Review no. 3 (March 1999); and Sonia
Ryang, "Gender in Oblivion: Women in the DPRK," Journal of Asian and
African Studies 35. 3 (2000).

Charles