[KS] gender in 20C korea

Jiyul Kim jiyulkim at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 18 03:41:07 EST 2005

You should not forget Sheila Miyoshi Jager's ground breaking book on gender,
modernity, identity, and nation: Narratives of Nation Building in Korea: A
Geneaology of Patriotism (ME Sharpe, 2003).  One chapter, published earlier in
JAS (1996), has been republished in the recent AAS book Women and Gender
Relations: Perspectives on Asia, Sixty Years of the Journal of Asian Studies,
edited by Susan Mann (AAS, 2004).

Jiyul Kim