[KS] Korean fonts help

Young-Jun Lee lee41 at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 13 17:34:08 EDT 2005

Hi, Professor Lee,
you have Windows XP, then,  it's easy.

1) Click "Start"
2) click "Control Panel"
3) click "Regional and Language Options"
4) you will find three categories: Regional, Language, Advanced. After entering each categories, choose what you want, probably, "Korean" (Regional) "Korean" (Language)  "Korean IME" (Advanced). In the preference choice of "language bar," choose to appear on your screen.
5) click "apply" and "OK"
6) then, your computer might ask you if you want to download some fonts you would like to use. Click "yes" if you want.
7) Turn off the computer and restart
8) If you see a button on your computer screen that shows a "taeguk" icon, the first alphabet "A", and the Chinese character "漢," you are ready to write in Korean.
9) when you click "A," it changes into "가" in Korean, then you type Korean in your email and Microsoft Word.

Good luck!

Best,
Young-Jun Lee