[KS] Translating books about Korea

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Thu Jun 9 22:52:53 EDT 2005

I am not sure that everyone knows that there is another list of "books from Korea" (mostly books about some
aspect of Korea) up for translation grabs by anyone with the skill, time and energy. But . . . translations
have to be completed by May 31 next year. 96 books, with about half of them listed for translation into
English. The list and full details are available in the little popup box headed 도서선정결과 및 번역지원신
청 공고  that appears when you enter the KLTI home page http://www.ltikorea.net/ Some of the books are
really massive tomes full of highly technical vocabulary (the book on Korean Kut for example) and  I do
wonder if even a team of scholars could translate it properly in the time. Applications have to be received
by the end of this month. Good luck.

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://www.sogang.ac.kr/~anthony/