[KS] Question on colonial photography

Daniel Corey Kane dkane at hawaii.edu
Thu Mar 3 23:35:16 EST 2005

Vol. 1 of the recent series put out by Seoul City Govt, "Seoul Through
Pictures 1: The Modernization of Seoul and Its Trials(1876~1910)" (The
City History Compilation Committee of Seoul, 2002) includes a page of
photographs of women with exposed breasts as part of a larger look at
traditional dress. I think it was explained that this was a fasion
privelage only accorded those who had recently given birth.

Daniel Kane