[KS] RE: Koreanstudies Digest, Vol 21, Issue 17

Bub-Joo S. Lee (GKN-LA.net) bjslee at gkn-la.net
Fri Mar 18 10:18:21 EST 2005

A more extensive bio of Philip is available at the same site
(http://www.philipahn.com/pacessay.html).  The author, Philip Cuddy, can be
reached at flipped at pacbell.net.

Philip and Philson are deceased, but Ralph is still alive -- your grad
student should be able to reach him through Philip Cuddy (who is based in S.
California).

Bub-Joo Lee

P.S. An interesting piece of trivia -- Philson received a BS in Chem. Eng.
>From UC Berkeley, and was a VP at Hughes Airspace until his retirement. When
I spoke with him a few years back, he said that he had wanted to be an
architect, but those around urged him to study chemistry, because "Koreans
needed to learn bomb making skills" -- presumably because of the Japanese
occupation of Korea. He also said that he had worked with "that German guy"
-- Werner Von Braun -- on rocket fuel development....