[KS] Films dealing with the Colonial Period

Stephen Epstein Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Sat Nov 5 20:54:40 EST 2005

I don't think anybody has yet mentioned Im Kwon-taek's fast-paced "ChanggunUi adUl" (The General's Son), which is an action film set in the '30s.  It's an entertaining movie, but for me the star is the set design which vividly recreates Seoul during the occupation (not that I can personally vouch for its authenticity....). I think ti would go down well in the classroom and provide a lot of amterial for discussion. The film has a sequel as well "ChanggunUi adUl 2."

Btw, I believe that the film mentioned below is in fact "2009: Lost Memories."

Stephen