[KS] Two Sokkuram queries

Young-Jun Lee lee41 at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 15 21:15:35 EST 2005

I visited Sokkuram twice in the 1990s and entered inside the grotto but I could not detect any trace of painting.
I would recommend you to view the video produced by KBS-TV:
S?kkuram pulsang edo saek ?l ch'irhaetta [videorecording] / ch'aegim p'?rodyus?, Nam S?ng-u ; y?nch'ul, O Su-s?ng ; chejak, KBS.

In the video, they insists that many statues were originally painted.

Best,
Young-Jun Lee
Visiting Lecturer, Korean Literature
University of California, Berkeley