[KS] SOAS Librarians Reinstated

Robert Provine provine at umd.edu
Mon Nov 21 21:18:00 EST 2005

Forwarded from the H-ASIA list --

H-ASIA
November 21, 2005

SOAS librarians reinstated
From: "Michel Hockx" <mh17 at soas.ac.uk>

Dear H-ASIA members,

I am delighted to inform you that I have just received official confirmation that the SOAS
China Librarian and the SOAS Japan/Korea Librarian, whose positions were made redundant in
September, are to be reinstated. This is the outcome of a long process during which the
hundreds of emails sent by H-ASIA members in support of these librarians have played a
very important part. With this message, I should like to express my heartfelt thanks to
all of you who have taken an interest in this matter.

Kind regards,

Michel Hockx
SOAS