[KS] hanbok and fashion

david rands rands at usc.edu
Thu Nov 24 22:44:14 EST 2005

I recently came across a brief article in a May 14th, 1936 _Japan Weekly Chronicle_  titled "Will Wear Japanese Clothes: Koreans to Discard Their Characteristic Attire" that explains that the 205,000 Koreans in Osaka were going to gradually do away with their Korean clothes to promote closer ties between Japanese and Koreans. While not much, I thought it may be something interesting.

David Rands
Ph.D. student
Department of History
University of Southern California