[KS] question

jrpking jrpking at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 18 19:37:23 EDT 2005

>(mopeul)- and it seems to be referencing some kind of a movement, perhaps a workers' movement?

It is most likely "MOPR" -- the Russian acronym
for Mezhdunarodnaya organizatsiya pomoshchi [bortsam] revolyutsii, usually referred to as "Red Aid" or "International Red Aid," and literarlly "International Organization for the Aid of Fighters for Revolution" or something like that. One website I found says it was "founded in 1922 out of a successful international campaign to aid the victims of white terror in Poland."

Cheers,

--
Ross King
Associate Professor of Korean, University of British Columbia