[KS] Korean lectureship at UVa

Stephen Epstein Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Fri Sep 16 05:37:42 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I've been asked to make the following posting. For further information, please write to the addresses below and not to me:

The Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures at the
University of Virginia invites applications for a full-time lecturer in
Korean beginning Fall 2006. We seek candidates with an M.A. or higher in
foreign language education, applied linguistics, pedagogy, Korean, Korean
Studies or other related field, with evidence of high quality college-level
teaching. Ph. D preferred. Native or near-native fluency in Korean (both
written and spoken) and an excellent command of English are required. Send a
letter of application, current vita, three letters of recommendation, a
statement of teaching philosophy to: Chair, Korean Lecturer Search
Committee, AMELC, B-27 Cabell Hall, P.O. Box 400781, UVA, Charlottesville,
VA 22904ˆ4781.

An electronic application may be sent to the following address:

koreansearch at virginia.edu

Preliminary screening will take place at MLA, Washington, DC, December
27-30. Review of applications will begin November and continue until the
position is filled.

EOAA Statement for Organization The University of Virginia is an affirmative
action, equal opportunity employer.