[KS] question

Stefan Ewing sa_ewing at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:29:17 EDT 2005

Dear Dr. Levkowitz:

In 1993, PBS released a ten-part documentary series "The Pacific Century,"
examining political, social, and economic issues in 19th- and 20th-century
East and Southeast Asia.  One episode--"The Fight for Democracy"--focuses on
South Korea's rise to prosperity, and specifically on the 1980s
democratization movement.
(http://www.pbs.org/campus/001_Course/001-04.html?referSectID=002&courseID=77&collegeID=455)

The series was co-produced by the Pacific Basin Institute; its website on
the series is here: http://www.pomona.edu/pbi/pacificcentury/

For me, this program--and the series as a whole--was an informative and
useful overview of issues in the region.

Yours,
Stefan Ewing

***

>From: Alon Levkowitz <levko at zahav.net.il>
>To: Koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws
>Subject: [KS] question
>Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:03:48 +0300
>

>Dear KoreanStudies fellows.
>I would appreciate if the fellows could assist me. I was
>asked to recommend for the library 15 documentary
>films/videos about Korea (politics, culture etc). If anyone
>has an idea please let me know.
>Thanks
>Alon
>Dr. Alon Levkowitz
>Email: levko at zahav.net.il
>Tel/Fax: 972-3-6133045

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
first two months FREE*.