[KS] (street) map of Keijo

Henny Savenije webmaster at henny-savenije.pe.kr
Fri Apr 7 10:20:06 EDT 2006

The Harvard Map Collection has two maps of Keijo (Seoul) from the 1930s:

(1) A 1931 Japan Tourist Bureau, Chosen Branch
map of Keijo in English. It has many
illustrations, an inset of Keijo and vicinity,
and lots of textual information for sightseers on the verso.

(2) A 1942 Army Map Service reprint of a 1934
Japanese map of the city at a scale of 1:10,000 (in Japanese).

Joseph Garver
Harvard Map Collection
Joseph Garver <garver at fas.harvard.edu>

At 06:45 AM 4/7/2006, you wrote

At 08:04 PM 4/6/2006, you wrote:

>Dear Colleagues,
>Here comes another practical question from me (I
>promise to come up with something more
>conceptual once I get all my facts right
).

>Do you know where I can find a detailed map of Keijo in the 1930s?
>Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Katarzyna
>

>Katarzyna J. Cwiertka, PhD
>Centre for Japanese and Korean Studies
>Leiden University
>P.O. Box 9515
>2300 RA Leiden
>The Netherlands
>Tel.: +31-(0)71-5272599
>Fax: +31-(0)71-5272215
><http://www.koreaans.leidenuniv.nl/index.php3?m=13&c=42>http://www.koreaans.leidenuniv.nl/index.php3?m=13&c=42

Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------
http://www.henny-savenije.pe.kr Portal to all my sites
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr
(in English) Feel free to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/indexk2.htm In Korean
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/Dutch In Dutch
http://www.vos.henny-savenije.pe.kr Frits Vos
Article about Witsen and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch dictionary
http://www.cartography.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in
English) Korea through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr Hwasong the fortress in Suwon
http://www.oldKorea.henny-savenije.pe.kr Old Korea in pictures
http://www.british.henny-savenije.pe.kr A British encounter in Pusan (1797)
http://www.genealogy.henny-savenije.pe.kr/  Genealogy