[KS] Hills in Korea

Jim Hoare jim at jhoare10.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 16:28:56 EDT 2006

I hope the following request for assistance will not provoke the wrath of the administrators - I have tried the web, various nineteenth century publications but have failed to come up with an answer.

The Illustrated London News carried a piece in September 1894 on 'Chemulpo and other ports of Corea'. This mentions Mount Courcel and Mount Leon as forming the wings of the hills surrounding Chemulpo, with another, Edme Peak, also in the area. I cannot find these on any maps available to me. Can anyone help with the Korean names, location of these elusive peaks.

Thanks in anticipation

Jim Hoare