[KS] Korean phonetics

Emilia Szalkowska Emilia.Szalkowska at amu.edu.pl
Tue Apr 25 09:58:42 EDT 2006

Dear Koreanists,

Since a long time I have been searching for any data concerning the frequency of occurence of Korean consonants and vowels
in Korean text data or speech.

However I have only found an article on the frequency of occurence of Korean words and syllables:
Choi, S.-W. 2000. Some Statistical Properties and Zipf's Law in Korean
Text Corpus. Journal of Quantitative Linguistics 7 (1), 19 - 30.

Did anyone of you come across such research results?

With best regards,

Emilia Szalkowska
Institute of Linguistics, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland