[KS] Koguryo inquiry

Werner Koidl weko at eunet.at
Tue Dec 19 23:04:48 EST 2006

Dear Mark,

a bit off-topic, but

you wrote: "...and at least one (a Koguryo mural tomb) newly discovered one
in Fushun."

Could you please explain more about this tomb.

I remember on last year's Koguryo Foundation sponsored Koguryo conference at
Berlin university (Germany) somebody of the Koguryo Research Foundation
showed a slide of a newly discovered Koguryo (?) tomb near Fushun. But
because of lack of time he just showed quickly the picture and could not
tell anything about the tomb.
What struck me was the very different style of the wall paintings we could
see on that slide. Instead of lotus flowers, clouds or tree symbols very
geometrical lines, edges and zick-zacks were shown that reminded me of the
art and design of the Nanai people who live along the Songhua, Ussuri and
Amur river.

I guess we are talking about the same tomb, but I am not sure.

Best regards,

Werner Koidl