[KS] Nam June Paik (1932-2006)

Walter K. Lew WKL at ucla.edu
Wed Feb 8 17:58:49 EST 2006

Dear List:

I think there has been no mention of the passing of one of the most
world-influential Koreans of our time, the inimitable Nam June Paik.
One could even say that he greatly expanded our sense of what the
"world" means in the first place.

Here are some URLs:

His studios' website: <http://www.paikstudios.com/>.
The medienkunstnetz website is also quite useful for an overview of his
work: <http://www.medienkunstnetz.de/works/global-grove/>.

There have been many obituaries. The Korea Times web edition has
articles on commemorations in Seoul and a list of where his works are
located around the country.

Since I could not go to the wake, I quickly wrote a reminiscence that
other Paik fans have appreciated. I will later post it to this list in
reduced form, along with a forwarded report from someone who attended
the wake.

One of my favorite Paik sayings: "Work hard. Be lazy."

In mourning,

Walter K. Lew