[KS] Korean song about the Hamhung evacuation (Noh Kwang Woo )

Richard Miller rcmiller at wisc.edu
Wed Jan 11 23:08:19 EST 2006

Kamsahapnida, Noh-ssi! Someone else (Sung Cho) added an opening line that is
very close to what the veteran remembered (…” On the dock of Hungnam with
the snow flurried by strong wind…” ). I found a recording of the song with
lyrics enclosed in my university library.

Now my questions are 1) Does anyone know the composer (the disc in my
library doesn't list one), and 2) does anyone have dates for Hyeon In? One
newspaper story I found online suggests 1919-2002; another fails to provide
dates but does suggest that he introduced the song "Besame mucho" to Korea
in the early 1960s...

Thank you again,

Richard
Richard Miller