[KS] Kisaeng

Sunjoo Kim sunjookim1 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:37:56 EST 2006

Dear all,

The following "Korean History: A Bibliography" compiled by Dr. Ken Robinson
is quite comprehensive and up-to-date. I searched this website, which
produced two short pieces on kisaeng, that have not yet been posted to the
list.

http://www.hawaii.edu/korea/bibliography/biblio.htm

Lee, Byong Won. "Evolution of the Role and Status of Korean Professional
Female Entertainers (Kisaeng)." World of Music 21:2 (1979): 75-81.

McCann, David R. "Traditional World of Kisaeng." Korea Journal 14:2
(February 1974): 40-43.

Best,

Sun Joo Kim
Associate Professor of Korean History