[KS] Korea Linguistic Association

W.Choi at lse.ac.uk W.Choi at lse.ac.uk
Sat Mar 4 05:49:52 EST 2006

Dear All,

I would like to know if anyone knows of any thesis or secondary materials related to the Korea Linguistic Association ('Choson Ohakhae' as Lee Chong-Sik calls it) in English.  In particular, I would be interested in their first decade (approx. 1921-1929) and not the Ohakhae Incident of 1942.  Even if you don't know in English, would anyone be able to recommend an incisive analysis in either Korean or Japanese?

In the same vein, would anyone know their official website?  I saw a random picture of the Association in Naver.com and assume it still exists but perhaps that was a historical relic?  I understand that the organisation changed its name to Hangul Hakhae not long ago.

I would be most grateful for any help.

Best wishes,

Lia

Dept. IH, LSE