[KS] Fuji Kawashima

Edward Shultz shultz at hawaii.edu
Tue Mar 7 19:52:25 EST 2006

Fuji was indeed a gifted artist. We worked on several projects dealing with Andong and once on a field trip there he reproduced much of the trip through his vivid sketches. When he visited us at the University of Hawaii, he sketched our Center's building and that sketch still proudly hangs in our main reception area. His art work gives a glimpse into his artistic talent and reminds us of what a gifted and multifaceted scholar he was. Thanks to the others who have helped us recall his many contributions.
Aloha Fuji,
Ned Shultz