[KS] Chinese "control" over Choson

johnfrankl at yahoo.com johnfrankl at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 18:57:29 EST 2006

This is an interesting thread.

  I wonder what using evidence such as documents urging secrecy regarding certain actions of the Choson government as indicators of lack of a full indedpendence from China tell us about contemporary South Korea. That is, if many analogous situations exist(ed) in the South Korea-U.S. relationship, do we conclude that South Korea is not a fully independent country? Or, if we do not, what might historians--using this sort of evidence as well as the U.S. military presence and partial command control--conclude say a few hundred years from now?

  John Frankl