[KS] Population in North Korea 1945

Balazs Szalontai aoverl at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 22 21:58:46 EST 2006

Dear Ruediger,

  the most detailed work on the subject is probably the book of Nicholas Eberstadt and Judith Banister, "The Population of North Korea" (1992). As far as I remember, the last Japanese census was held in 1944 or so.

  Best,
  Balazs

I am looking for data on the population of North Korea around liberation, i.e. in 1945,
before the migration towards the South started. My estimate would be around 7-8 millions.
Any hint is highly appreciated.

Best,

Ruediger Frank