[KS] Population in North Korea 1945

Kirk Larsen kwlarsen at gwu.edu
Thu Mar 23 12:15:49 EST 2006

A few other places to look for population data:
Trewartha, Glenn T., and Wilbur Zelinsky. "Population Distribution and Change in Korea 1925-1949." Geographical Review 45, no. 1 (1955): 1-26.

Taeuber, Irene B. "The Population Potential of Postwar Korea." Far Eastern Quarterly 5, no. 3 (1946): 289-307.

United States. Dept. of State. Division of Functional Intelligence. Population and Economic Data on the Zones of Occupation in Korea, [R & a Report]. Washington: Dept. of State, Division of International and Functional Intelligence, 1946.

Kirk W. Larsen
Korea Foundation Assistant Professor of
History and International Affairs
Co-Director, Undergraduate Program in International Affairs
1957 E Street 503H
The George Washington University
Washington DC, 20052
(202) 994-5253