[KS] spies and thrillers

J.Scott Burgeson jsburgeson at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 03:50:19 EST 2006

--- Frank Hoffmann <frank at koreaweb.ws> wrote:
We all know the situation as regards to
> such kind of information and what is involved
politically. The reply you got was to be anticipated.

Who is "we"? David Letterman recently made a joke on
his show about containing WMDs made in "Korea"--he
stumbled when he said this and obviously was unable to
differentiate between the North and the South. Outside
the two Koreas and the elitist Korean Studies
community, the Koreas are not exactly the center of
the universe for much of the world and are hardly
known. Martin's book provides facts and even
interviews with former NK intelligence agents... One
should know the facts first before asking the
pertinent questions, no? Oh, right: I suppose that
since "we all know the situation" the statements of
all North Koreans and North Korean defectors are a
priori irrelevant. Edward Said must be raging in his
grave right now... My mistake!
   --Scott Bug