[KS] Education system in North Korea

DR. WAYNE K PATTERSON wayne.patterson at snc.edu
Mon May 8 21:09:03 EDT 2006

Hello, Michael --

For starters on the North Korean educational system, you might look at the
doctoral dissertation written by Robert Hyung-chan Kim at Vanderbilt
University's Peabody School of Education.  Although by now somewhat dated (I
believe it was written in the early 1970s), it might be a good place to begin.

Best,

Wayne Patterson

Fulbright Distinguished Lecturer
Yonsei University

>===== Original Message From Michael Gibb <mjcgibb at yahoo.com> =====
>Dear colleagues,
>  I'm trying to map out a broad overview of the history of education in North
Korea, including current policies, plans and reforms. I'd be grateful for any
recommendations for reading.
>  Thanks
>  Michael
>

>  Michael Gibb
>Flat 1A
>  18 Tai Shan West Tsuen
>  Ko Long Village
>  Yung Shue Wan
>  Lamma Island
>  Hong Kong
>  Tel: +852 2698 2973/+852 6308 0173

>Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+
countries) for 2?min or less.