[KS] Animals in Korean myth, folklore, and religions

John Holstein jfholstein at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 22:34:48 EDT 2006

Barbara,

You've probably heard about "Su-gung-ga" (aka "to-ggi-jeon"), one of the major pansori stories,
based on the ancient Indian Panchatantra tale. I did a dramatization of the story and wrote a long
afterword on its development through the centuries. If you consider goblins a species of animal, a
dramatization and background history of "Hokbburi Yeong-gam" is available. Both of these are in A
YANG FOR EVERY YIN, which you can purchase at

http://www.seoulselection.com/shopping_book_view.html?pid=690

I can also just send you a copy if you can't handle Seoul Selection's handling charges. Let me
know if you want me to.

Good luck with your class!

John Holstein

Web site "Korea Mosaic": http://koreamosaic.net