[KS] broken Korean text.

kevin parks kevin at macosx.com
Wed Oct 4 18:46:17 EDT 2006

I sometimes get messages from my Korean colleagues and friends that end
up looking like:

앉&#45398  ....

and some that look like

??????? etc.

and others that come out just fine in Hangul if i jiggle the text
encoding settings..

Once the letters get "broken" is there any filter or program that i can
run this garbled text through to get the reconstituted Korean?

I am on Mac OS X 10.4.x  i use Mail.app for mail but also tried saving
these messages as text and opening the text with various encodings
explicitly set in the open dialog box.....

sorry for such a mundane query. I used to have this problem under OS
9... haven't seen it in a while... but i would love to be able to read
these texts and to better understand the various tech issues involved.

cheers,

kevin parks