[KS] "Old" Journal of Korean Studies

Michael Robinson robime at indiana.edu
Wed Oct 4 15:25:44 EDT 2006

Dear Richard:

I would contact the Journal of Korean Studies at Stanford for any of the
back issues or photocopies of same beginning with Vol 1 in1979.  That is the
beginning of the Journal as published by the society of Korean studies.
There might be another such society of Korean studies....but it could be
different from the one est. as a non-=profit in Seattle by Jim Palais.
Since you have citations it must be real.  As far as I know, the precursor
to the current Journal of Korean Studies was a series called Occasional
Papers on Korea started in 1975.

The editors at Stanford might be able to find the charter of the society for
Korean studies from the 1970s.  If so they might be able to determined
exactly when it began and that would help with determining if you are
dealing with a same-named org. and some other journal publication.

Mike Robinson