[KS] FRANK_CFP Korea 2007_Politics Economy Society

Ruediger_Frank ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at
Thu Oct 12 10:01:00 EDT 2006

Call for Papers: Korea 2007 ? Politics, Economics, Society

In fall 2007, the first edition of the yearbook Korea ? Politics, Economy, Society will be published. The new yearbook will be edited by Rüdiger Frank (Vienna), James Hoare (London), Patrick Köllner (Hamburg), and Susan Pares (London). Park Sunghoon (Seoul) and Charles Armstrong (New York) have agreed to serve as associate overseas editors. The new yearbook will be the English-language successor to Korea ? Politik, Wirtschaft, Gesellschaft, a German-language yearbook on Korean affairs which has been published by the Institute of Asian Affairs in Hamburg since 1996. The new English-language yearbook, to be published by a major international publishing company, will continue the format of its predecessor, i.e. it will include regular overview sections (domestic developments in both North and South Korea, foreign relations of the Koreas, and inter-Korean relations in the year preceding publication) plus, on average, eight articles on political, economic, and social affairs in the two Koreas.

For the latter (refereed) section of the yearbook the editors are now calling for papers. We are happy to consider proposals for papers on all aspects of Korean politics (incl. foreign and security policy), economy, and society. We are particularly interested in papers dealing with current affairs and developments. Potential contributors should submit an abstract of about 100 words by December 15, 2006. We will notify authors about the decision of the editors by January 15, 2007 at the latest. Final versions of accepted papers would be due by April 15, 2007. Abstracts should be sent by email attachment to Patrick Köllner (koellner at giga-hamburg.de). We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Ruediger Frank

--
Prof. Dr. Ruediger Frank
Korea University and University of Vienna
mailto:ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at