[KS] Spaces of Korean phrases in Library catalog

Sunjoo Kim sunjookim1 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:41:17 EDT 2007

Dear Frank and list members,
I use M-R all the time for my own work as well as for teaching. I find MR
system very complicated and I make mistakes all the time. My strategy to
make sure that I do the right thing is to check Harvar'd on-line library
catalog (then University of Washington's on-line library catalog, if
necessary). Also following Korean studies glossary compiled by the Academy
of Korean Studies is helpful. It gives both SK and MR systems with examples
from actual publication, and not just romanization but also definition of
terms. This glossary is a collection of glossaries from some major
publications such as Ki-baik Lee's A New History of Korea, James Palais'
Politics and Policy in Traditional Korea, Martina Deuchler's Confucian
Transformation of Korea, and etc. I hope AKS continues to expand this very
useful glossary project to include terms not yet included in the present
collection.

http://www.aks.ac.kr/glossary/default.asp

Cheers,
Sun Joo Kim