[KS] Please Post

Michael Robinson robime at indiana.edu
Fri Aug 3 16:33:38 EDT 2007

Dear List, as there are number of younger scholars on the list, I thought this would be useful.  Also I ask my colleagues with students near finishing or just finished to bring this to their attention.  Thanks

Mike Robinson

The Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures invites applications for a tenure-track position in modern or contemporary Korean politics, society, or culture, at the level of assistant professor, to begin Fall 2008.  Specialization may be in any field of the social sciences or humanities, with primary research work based on Korean language sources.  Joint appointment in an appropriate disciplinary department is possible, depending on the successful candidate's field.  Position responsibilities include regular teaching on both graduate and undergraduate levels, including both courses in the candidate's research field and on more general Korean and East Asian topics.  Candidates must have a doctoral degree or clear indication that the degree will be in hand at the time of appointment.  Review of applications will begin on October 15.  Letters of application, cv, transcripts, writing samples, and three letters of recommendation should be sent to the Korean Studies Search Committee, Goodbody Hall 248, Indiana University, Bloomington 47405.  Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minority candidates to apply.