[KS] Translation Project, Application by September 28

"DoHyun" ecclehan at aks.ac.kr
Sat Aug 4 19:16:42 EDT 2007

Dear list members,

Professor Anthony mentioned my grant program in his "Recent Publications". I greatly thank him for his reminding. The due date of application is by September 28. Please visit: http://www.aks.ac.kr/eng_home/main/main.asp
You will see a pop-up and find "A new Multi-year Grant. This new grant is composed of the three: Book Writing, Translation, and Publication Subsidy.

This aims to support long term projects. One of the major goasl of this program is to support Korean studies through these various projects. For this purpose, the detailed budget structure of these programs are relatively flexibole.

The institutions or editors selected this year will be able to be supported upto the next ten years. After this selection, no new applications will be available if the selected institutions or editors do their responsibility successfully. Thus, any interested scholars or institutions are strongly encouraged to read the application guidelines and to apply for this grant THIS YEAR.

If you have any questions about the above programs or other programs of Strategic Initiative for Korean Studies, please do not hesitate to contact me at siks at aks.ac.kr

Strategic Initiative for Korean Studies is a newly launched "grant program" with annual budget of four and half million USD supported by the Ministry of Education, ROK. The Ministry of Education and I are discussing things to increase the annual budget from 4.5 millions of 2007 to 20 millions (from 2008). I hear that the possibility is very high. If you have any long term research agenda for Korean studies, please let me listen to your sincere advice. If you read Korean, you may read about SIKS as Brother Anthony mentioned below, www.aks.ac.kr/info/siks.

with best regards,
Do Hyun

Do Hyun Han, Ph.D.
Professor of Sociology
Director,Strategic Initiative for Korean Studies
Academy of Korean Studies
50 Unjung-dong, Bundang, Seongnam City
Gyeonggi-do, South Korea 463-791