[KS] Phd position Leiden University
K.J.Cwiertka at let.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Jan 23 09:00:45 EST 2007
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS FEBRUARY 27, 2007
The original announcement can be accessed here:
PHD POSITION (38 hours)
“Sustaining Total War: Militarisation, Economic Mobilisation and Social Change in Japan and Korea (1931-1953)”
vacancy number: 7-023
The Faculty of Arts at Leiden University, The Netherlands, invites applications for a 4-year PhD position within the VIDI project “Sustaining Total War: Militarisation, Economic Mobilisation and Social Change in Japan and Korea (1931-1953)”, starting May 1, 2007. ‘VIDI’ is a major research award by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).
* Undertaking research in one of the sub-projects of the VIDI project, including finishing a dissertation to be defended at Leiden University not later than May 1, 2012.
* Providing research support to the members of the VIDI project
* Teaching courses in the Department of Languages and Culture of Japan and Korea.
Candidates must hold an MA degree. Preference will be given to candidates with:
* An MA in Japanese or Korean Studies, and a demonstrable specialization in modern history or anthropology; or alternatively an MA in history or anthropology, and demonstrable specialization in the modern Japan or Korea field.
* Outstanding research qualities manifest in a high-quality MA thesis.
* Demonstrable abilities to design and carry out research related to 1940s/1950s Japan or Korea.
* Interest and experience in research related to some aspect of production/consumption of food.
* A good command of English, and of either modern standard Japanese or modern standard Korean.
The appointment is for four years, but there will be a one year probationary period during which satisfactory progress must be shown in order to continue.
The salary is € 1956 gross per month during the first year, increasing to a maximum of € 2502 gross per month during the fourth year, in conformity with current salary scales under the collective labour agreement (CAO) for Dutch universities.
The starting date is preferably September 1, 2007.
For further inquiries, please contact dr. K.J. Cwiertka (see contact information below)
If interested, please address your written application before 27th February 2006 (no e-mail) with the vacancy number on letter and envelope, accompanied by a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, the MA thesis, an academic transcript, and outline of the envisioned research plan and the names and contact details of two referees, to:
The Faculty of Arts / Personnel department
Mrs. M.J.P. Okker-de Jager
P.O. Box 9515
2300 RA Leiden
Katarzyna J. Cwiertka, PhD
Centre for Japanese and Korean Studies
P.O. Box 9515
2300 RA Leiden
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies