[KS] Call for reviewers - East Asian Integration Studies List
bjseliger at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 8 01:18:37 EDT 2007
Call for reviewers
www.asianintegration.org extends this invitation for scholars and practitioners to review books for our newly launched website on East Asian economic integration. The economic integration of East Asia has advanced a lot over the past ten years. On the one hand, this concerns the de facto-integration of product markets and increasingly also of factor markets. On the other hand, it concerns also the expanding level of institutional interdependence. However, not all approaches to integration - bilateral agreements like the Korea-Singapore Free Trade Agreement, multilateral approaches like ASEAN plus Three (China, Japan, Korea) or supra-regional appendages like ASEM or APEC can be reconciled with each other. The Spaghetti-bowl effect seems to lead to a system of trade disparity through agreements based on preferences. From a political point of view, facing hot spots like North Korea, integration becomes more and more important as well. The Seoul ASEM Institute for
International Relations and Hanns Seidel Foundation would like to accompany the process of economic integration in East Asia with a discussion forum, open for scholars and practitioners likewise.
If you are interested in reviewing books for www.asianintegration.org, please send an e-mail message mentioning book reviews with a short biographical note and a specification of your area of interest to Dr. Bernhard Seliger (Seliger at hss.or.kr).
Currently, the following books are available for review
1. »Negotiating the Korea-Singapore FTA A Case Study« by K. Kesavapany and Rahul Sen, Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2007.
2. »Regional Cooperation in South Asia and Southeast Asia« by Kripa Sridharan, Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2007.
3. »ASEANKorea Relations Security, Trade and Community Building« Editor: Ho Khai Leong, Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies 2007.
4. Korea in the New Asia, East Asian Integration and the China factor, Editor: Francoise Nicolas, London: Routledge, 2007.
5. Regional Integration in East Asia and Europe. Covergence or divergence?, Editors: Bertrand Fort and Douglas Webber, London: Routledge, 2006.
6. Challenges to the Global Trading System. Adjustment to globalization in the Asia-Pacific Region, Editors: Peter A Petri Sumner J. La Croix, London: Routledge, 2007.
7. China, the United States, and Southeast Asia, Editors: Evelyn Goh Sheldon W. Simon, London: Routledge, 2008.
8. The EU`s Experinece in Integration a Model for ASEAN?, Editors: Lisheng Dong Günter Heiduk, Frankfurt: Peter Lang, 2007.
Anyone who is interested in reviewing one of these books can contact us directly for further details at Seliger at hss.or.kr or dhlee at hss.or.kr. Please indicate the books you are willing to review (up to 3 choices). Also contact me for further inquiries at dhlee at hss.or.kr.
Thank you very much.
Dr. Bernhard Seliger
Dr. Bernhard Seliger
Hanns Seidel Stiftung - Seoul Office
Room 501, Soo Young Bldg., 64-1, Hannam 1 Dong, Yongsan-gu
Seoul, Republic of Korea
Tel.+ 82 2 790 5344
Fax. + 82 2 790 5346
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies