[KS] Refugee children in Korean War

Paul Yoon Paul_Yoon at harvard.edu
Thu Oct 25 12:34:00 EDT 2007

Dear All,

Greetings. I am new to this list so forgive me if I'm going about this in
the wrong way. I am a fiction writer. My work has appeared in various
publications and my first book, a collection of short stories, will be
published in 2009.

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing offer some advice: I am interested
in researching orphan children/refugee children during the Korean War, in
particular their geographical situation and their living conditions--the
camps that were formed, US presence/influence on these children, those who
were on their own in towns and villages, what life was like for these
children, etc. I am having some difficulty finding literature (in English)
on this and I was wondering if anyone knew of any books that specifically
address this topic.

If not, is there perhaps a general book on the war that you would
personally recommend?

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Take care,
Paul

Paul Yoon
Kennedy School of Government